Sunday, May 17, 2009

Make it seven

It would be really great to have another team here in Canada - Please do your bit to make it happen!! - Tks. - Win



Dear Hockey Fans,
I hope you are enjoying the holiday long weekend. I wanted to take a moment of your time as a passionate hockey fan to let you know about the latest developments in our bid to bring a seventh NHL franchise to Canada.
Last week, the NHL filed a motion with the bankruptcy court in Phoenix which argued, in part, that scheduling issues made it impossible to fulfill the main condition of my offer to buy the Phoenix Coyotes, that is to bring the team to Hamilton and to begin NHL-scheduled play this fall.
I say to all Canadians, but in particular to the many Hamilton and Southern Ontario supporters of our bid: my commitment to bringing an NHL team to Hamilton remains. It's my firm commitment to Hamilton hockey fans. It's the best un-served hockey market in the world and it deserves an NHL team.
If bringing an NHL team to Hamilton means needing to remove a scheduling impediment to my bid to purchase the Coyotes franchise, I am willing to do what is necessary to assist the NHL in order to get us to our ultimate goal. That is why I have indicated to the bankruptcy court, in reply to the NHL's argument, that if beginning NHL play in Hamilton this fall truly creates a scheduling impediment, I am willing to remove that impediment and leave the team in Phoenix for one additional season.
I know you share with me our end goal here - to bring a seventh NHL franchise to Canada, and specifically to Copps Coliseum in Hamilton. I appreciate that support. We're focused on making that happen, and making it seven. So stay tuned and I will keep you up to date with the latest developments.
Again, thank you for taking the time to sign up to MakeItSeven.ca. Please contact all of your friends and family and ask them to sign up with you. Together we can make it happen.
Jim
Jim Balsillie

This email was sent by:Make It Seven Inc218 - 34 Eglinton Avenue West Toronto, ON, M4R 2H6, CanadaClick here to Unsubscribe Click here to Update ProfilePrivacy Policy

Thanks Win S.

No comments: