Friday, July 03, 2009

Looking for Names


HI MARTY,

THIS A G.PK. CHURCH CHOIR IN 1952. WHAT CHURCH ??? NAMES????

THANKS MARTY

NORMAND SIMARD

PS THERE WHERE NO G.PK. BOYS EITHER THEY DID NOT HAVE NICE VOICES, OR IS IT DISCRIMINATION POOR G.PK. BOYS

Thanks Normand


Hi Marty,

Her are a few names from the Choir picture.

Top row on the left is the Garner girl I think.Second row.Far right Doreen Holgate,next to her Nancy Thomas.She was a good friend of mine.

Third row.In the middle Brenda Barfoot.Another close friend.Far right Diedre Chapman I think.Not sure if I spelled her name right.

Fourth row.Brenda Hollingdrake I think and Margo Tomalty on the right.

Ellen McCourt Stone

Thanks Ellen


Church Choir

Last row 1st left--- Far right--Last Row

M. Knight Georgia Holland

Last row 1st left--- 2nd from Far right--Last Row

M. Knight ? ? ? Alley Bremner Georgia Holland

Cheers, Millie

Thanks Millie

Hi Marty,

One more guess -- I think 2nd from left in front row is June Brown. June Millar, formerly of Empire Street, had some other names of girls in the picture at Canada Drive-in today at lunchtime.

Linda Alex-LaR.

Thanks Linda

Marty

The girls choir must be on the front steps of St Paul's Anglican Church, I regognize the windows and brick.

Also that's my sister Lorna Garrett, first from left hand side second row from the back.

I don't recognize anyone else

Doug g

Thanks Doug

I think front row l to r Wendy Board, **Sharon Webb** Arabella Allardyce , Georgia Holland , Second row l to r Rivers don’t remember her first name

Brenda Hollingdrake, Margo Tomalty, Diedre Chapman, 3rd row l to r Doud Fry’s wife, one of the Barfoots Nancy Thomas, 4th row on left Lorna Garrett

Top row left Mae Gardner

Cheers Red Drummond

Thanks Red


Hi Marty

What a great picture of St. Paul's choir girls! I actually recognize some of them - Brenda Barfoot, Nancy Thompson, 'Peachy' Holland; and I believe the girl in

the second row( extreme left) is Frankie Goernert (don't remember her maiden name). Her husband, Phil, also sang in the choir).

D.

P.S. (Inviting Bob Hawkins ' input on the blog is a smart idea. I'm sure this blog is time-consuming and you could use a break. His assistance/perspective will

be very welcome. Looking forward to it).

Thanks Diana J.P.

Hi Marty, re the Church choir photo everyone else has named all the young ladies I recognized but for the fourth lady from the left in the front who I think is Flo Parrish. JMcC

Thanks John


Hi Marty,

Re: St. Paul's girls' choir Frankie Rivers Goernert is the full name for Red who forgot her first name and the other person who didn't know her married name.

Re: Bev Fry's pic, Bev is in the middle of middle row; directly above her is Jimmy Sheppard. To Jimmy's left is Diane Jordan, I think.

Linda Alex-LaR.

Thanks Linda

No comments: