Friday, June 19, 2009

Obit

Below is an Obit from Today's Gazette for Doug Stride's wife Shirley.

While he was not from the Park I don't think there are many more outside people who had an impact on "Parkers" as Doug has over the years.

I know in my family he has arranged the funerals for at least 3 generations of us.

I have known Doug since I was a kid and we played junior golf at the Country Club of Montreal.

My sincere condolences to Doug and his family.

Ralph.

Shirley (Muggeridge) Stride

STRIDE, Shirley (nee Muggeridge) Passed away at the Pierre Boucher Hospital on Monday June 15, 2009 Shirley Muggeridge of St. Lambert. Beloved wife of Douglas Stride, dear mother of Joanne (Jody) of Cornwall, Ontario and Todd (Isabelle Demers) of Gatineau, Quebec. Loving grandmother of Colin and Katie, cherished sister of Carol (Bernie Bedford) of Toronto, Ontario and Chuck (Anne Dagenais) of Kirkland, Quebec. She will also be greatly missed by many relatives and friends. Visitation at on Thursday, June 18 from 7 to 10 p.m. The funeral service will be held from the chapel on Friday, June 19 at 2:30 p.m. In lieu of flowers, donations made to the Alzheimer's Society, 1160 boulevard Norbert, Longueuil, QC J4K 2P1, would be appreciated.

While he was not from the Park I don't think there are many more

Thanks Ralph

No comments: