Friday, June 19, 2009

School pic memories

Hello Marty,

I felt compelled to put my two cents worth in re. some of the comments to do with the school picture.

Noreen mentioned we were poor: we were financially somewhat, but as a group growing up in the Park we had a hell of a lot more. We had a life. I had wonderful friends.....and I'll mention Noreen first, Red, Geo.Hollingdrake, Cliff Walker, Bill Hinks, Geo. Pendlebury, the Jeary's, John Mc.......et al.. We were always competitive in sports, (I was rarely any good, but I always gave it my best shot), the music was fantastic, there were no knives or guns in school, although we did have Trevor Mead knocking people on their ass from time to time....lol., all in all I truly believe we were blessed.

Kids today, my daughter included, don't have a bloody clue as to how good we had it.

Thanks Marty, just wanted to let you know how I feel about having had the opportunity of growing up in the Park.

Regards..........Stan.

Thanks Stan

No comments: