Monday, November 09, 2009

Not sure if this is true, but worth a Try



Try to remember this EVERY TIME you have

to talk to a customer service representative

and you cannot understand them. I did not

know that we could do this, but I sure am

going to try it. Help bring jobs back to the

U.S.A. & Canada Ask for an American or Canadian.

************************************************************

How to save some American and Canadian jobs and we can help!

Hi Everyone,

I want to share with you some great information that I found out purely by

accident. I believe it can also save and create jobs in North America while giving

people better customer service.

So how many times have you called a companies service phone line and found

that the rep. can barely speak English? Once with a major mortgage company

it was so bad I demanded to speak with someone who spoke English. Right at

that moment I broke the code, the secret password for customer service.

Come to find out that every American & Canadian company using overseas operators must

transfer you to an American or Canadian rep. by saying.......

" I want to speak to a representative in Canada or the USA ".

(Don't take no for an answer on this)

This was confirmed by the American & Canadian reps. that they must transfer you after

that request. I've tried it on a half a dozen major companies including

cable, bank, phone and mortgage companies. It works every time and I

actually get my issues taken care of.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS!

Thanks Ellen S.

No comments: