Saturday, December 05, 2009

WHY ATHLETES CAN'T HAVE REGULAR JOBS...

Chicago Cubs outfielder Andre Dawson on being a role model: "I wan'

all dem kids to do what I do, to look up to me. I wan' all the kids to

copulate me."

New Orleans Saint RB George Rogers when asked about the upcoming

season: "I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes

first".

Torrin Polk, University of Houston receiver, on his coach, John

Jenkins: "He treats us like men. He lets us wear earrings."

Football commentator and former player Joe Theismann: "Nobody in

football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman

Einstein."

Bill Peterson, a Florida State football coach: "You guys line up

alphabetically by height." And, "You guys pair up in groups of three,

and then line up in a circle."

Lou Duva, veteran boxing trainer, on the Spartan training regime of

heavyweight Andrew Golota: "He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the

morning, regardless of what time it is."

In the words of NC State great Charles Shackelford: "...I can go to

my left or right, I am amphibious".

Thanks Barry & Louise D.

No comments: