Friday, March 19, 2010

Weredale Boys Home - answers for Rick C.

This reply was sent in by John McC on November 4th 2007

Hi Marty, in answer to Norm's query re my Weredale picture the people are, Top L-R Billy MacIntyre,Terry McKee, Myself and Ken Moore, kneeling ?, Eric Pittner,Bobby Gaylor, Norm Coull and Edward Eby. An interesting sidelight is that Eric Pittner's dad worked at the same Barbershop as Jim amd Bob Godefroy's father. The Shaftesbury Barbershop on St Catherine St right near the RCMP headquarters was the place where we Weredale kids went to have our locks shorn. Every three weeks we were issued a card which entitled us to a regular haircut. Any deviation from the regular cut cost extra. Since I had a brushcut I had to come up with an extra 10 cents cash each time I had my haircut. In addition ,I had to come up with an extra 35 cents every third or fourth cut to purchase a special stick of soap(especially for brush cuts) to make sure the front hairs of the brushcut stood straight up. I used the soap stick every day. JMcC

I hope this helps answer your Question Rick C


Hi Marty and hello Rick. If I remember correctly you had a brother Ron and one of you married June Naylor. The Names of the fellows in the picture are --back L-R Billy MacIntyre, Terry McKee, myself(John McConachie)and Kenny Moore-- Front row L-R Norm ??? , Eric Pittner, Bobby Gaylord, Norm Coull and Edward Eby. The picture was taken on the asphalt diamond that we used to play on in front of the banked lawn that led up to the residents entrance off Atwater.

John McConachie

Thanks John McC

No comments: