Wednesday, April 28, 2010

BRUCE FIELD STILL FEELS LIKE PLAYING HOCKEY


HI BOB,

HERE WE SEE BRUCE FIELD, HE STILL FEELS LIKE PLAYING HOCHEY, LIKE OTHER PARKERS ON THE PICS. OF COURSE BRUCE DID NOT TAKE THOSE PICS, BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I GO THROUGH OLD PHOTOS AND I SEE HIS NAME ON THE BACK. THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT HE IS GOING THROUGH HIS OLD PHOTOS, AND SOME WILL PROBABLY END UP IN THE 2011 G.PK. CENTENNIAL BOOK. BRAVO BRUCE. A GREAT PHOTOGRAPHER, DOES ANY BLOGGER OR (( WORD PRESSER )) REMEMBER HIM TAKING PICTURES OF THEM, WEDDING ETC.

THANKS BOB

NORMAND SIMARD

Thanks Normand and Bruce..... Bruces studio was just around the corner from South Shore Electric, on Victoria, and Pat and I had Bruce do our engagement photo. I've told this story before however, I'm the administrator of the blog so I'll tell it again.

Pat was living in NDG at the time and I was in Chateauguay, timing was everything. I loaded my suit into the car that morning and went to work in the shop at Northern Electric. After work I raced down to her apartment, showered and dressed for the photo. She also raced home from Royal Trust in downtown Montreal, had a bath and dressed for the photo.

We hurried out to the car and drove to Bruce's photo studio. I parked on Victoria in front of Ranger's Hardware and, as I exited the car, I looked down only to realize that I was all dressed up........ except..... I was wearing my work jeans with a suit jacket and tie..... our engagement photo was to be full length..... it is from the waist up.

That should have been a sign to her that the next 42 plus years would be a unique experience with many a surprise.... but NO..... she missed the signs.

No comments: