Wednesday, April 28, 2010

MACKAYVILLE THEATRE





HI BOB,

HERE ARE PICS OF THE OLD MACKAYVILLE THEATRE ON GRANDE-ALLÉE, AFTER IT WAS A DANCE HALL AND RESTAURANT, AND IT IS NOW A TAVERN. WE HAVE SOME VERY FAMOUS PARKERS THAT IMMIGRATED FROM MACKAYVILLE, BERNARD CONSTANTINI, ED BOUCHER, I AM SURE THEY WENT TO THAT THEATRE. PARKERS DID NOT GO THERE WE HAD THE MET THEATRE, ANYWAY IT WAS TOO DANGEROUS TO GO TO MACKAYVILLE, CROSSING TASCHEREAU ETC......

THANKS BOB

NORMAND SIMARD

Thanks Normand..... Thanks a lot.... you are only 47 years too late warning me that MacKayville was dangerous... I was there the night La Surete Quebec.... then QPP raided the town and arrested the entire town council....the local constabulary were flexing their muscle while trying to impress the QPP that they were not involved in the town corruption..... they hauled me in that night for standing up to them.... fortunately there was a Sargent from the QPP behind the desk that night ..... I had a confrontation in the Cop Shop with an officer we called "Baby Face" after it was over the Sargent called the Park police to come and pick me up and drive me to the Park saying that the locals would shoot me before I crossed into the Park.... Cliff Mason was my bodyguard that night.... Mike Huzulak and I went back the next night

No comments: