Sunday, May 02, 2010

LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION BY ALBERT SMITH IN 1941

HI BOB,

HERE IS A LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION WRITTEN BY ALBERT SMITH OF DEVONSHIRE ROAD IN 1941. I THINK IT WAS FOR DAVID W, SCOTT NOT 100 PERCENT SURE.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN,

I HAVE KNOWN DAVID W. SCOTT FOR THE LAST TWENTY YEARS AS A PLEASANT HONEST, AND INDUSTRIOUS FELLOW.

HIS CHARACTER HAS ALWAYS BEEN GOOD IN THIS TOWN, AND HE ENJOYS OUR BEST WISHES.

SIGNED

ALBERT SMITH PM.

THANKS BOB AND GORDIE HAMBLIN FOR THAT LETTER, GORDIE HAS GOT LOT'S OFG.PK. TREASURES BRAVO

NORMAND SIMARD

PS 1- THE BALANCE OF THE CHURCHILL RENOVATION WILL START IN AUGUST , AND THERE ARE BIG CHANCES EVERYTHING WILL BE FINISHED BEFORE JULY 2011 OUR CENTENNIAL YEAR.

PS 2- SAD NEWS I JUST LEARNED THAT THE OLD OAK TREE BEHIND THE LIBRARY ON CHURCHILL. IS ON DEATH ROW. I WILL PAY MY LAST RESPECT ON THE WEEKEND TO THE POOR BRAVE TREE, I HAVE SEEN THERE STANDING GUARD ALL MY LIFE SAD STORY.

Thanks Normand and Gordie.... I took the liberty of enhancing the letter for the blog readers... hope you don't mind

No comments: